Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

OOTD: Renaissance Faire Pirate

Yarrg, mateys it's time for a ye olde blog post! Attending the Renaissance Pleasure Faire is one of my favorite Springtime activities. I love how in character all the staff is, how much delicious food and drink there is to enjoy, and best of all there's typically more people dressed up than not! It much more fun to dress up, I came one year not in costume and didn't have nearly as good a time. If you're worried about where to find a costume, you can rent one from the faire itself OR it's fairly easy to put something together at your local thrift shop. If enough people are interested I'd be happy to write up a guide! As long as you've got a few key pieces, say a bodice and head wear, everything else can fall into place.

I typically dress as a pirate switching up my bodice and accessories with each visit. I like to purchase new items direct from the faire and jazz up my outfit each year. There are tons of vendors selling just the things you'll be needing at the faire including a tankard (stein), bags/pouches, jewelry, full outfits, etc. I hope to be super decked out by the time I'm in my 80s, haha.



Hat: Elope
Leggings: Black Milk Clothing
Boots: Ami Club Wear
Tankard: Thrifted
Blouse: Thrifted
Alliance Pin: WETA Workshop

Now excuse me I need a refill on ale, see you soon scallywags!