Monday, August 12, 2013

Comic Con 2013 Report

I say it every year, but man, Comic Con is getting bigger and bigger! I can't believe how many people were there this year. I felt like there was so much to do outside the convention center as well inside the con itself. I forgot to put a memory card in my camera so excuse the difference in quality of my pics from my camera and then my phone...
I was only spending Saturday at the convention so I wanted to wear something "easy" since I'd be trying to cover a lot of ground. I chose to wear my Twilight Sparkle costume from the My Little Pony event out but this time with appropraite ears and a horn! My amazing headpiece was made by Steamwolf Symphony. Both the horn and ears are made of resin so they are super durable and hold their shape. I love them! Make sure to give them a follow on Etsy and Facebook. Tell them Mandie/Geeky Glamorous sent you. ;)

Found a Fluttershy and Sarah from Nerdy But Flirty!

One of my favorite areas of Comic Con was the DC Comics set-up at Petco Park. They had all the amazing KIA custom Justice League cars on display. I squee'd at every single one, haha. I wish these were for sale...







I'm so glad I got to meet Cateaclysmic while at SDCC! She was visiting from the UK and we met through blogging, it was really special to hang with her and Yume Ninja.



Oli and Kammie looking amazing while promoting the Hello Kitty Japanimation comic!

Within 10 minutes of entering the exhibit hall, Evangeline Lilly just happened to be doing a signing at the WETA/Hobbit booth. I promptly freaked out and got in line to meet her. I also may have gone a little lore crazy and both lots of Warcraft books...thanks to Ciel for snagging me one of the epic purple lanyards! I can't wait until 5.4 comes out...

Were any of you at Comic Con? What were some event highlights for you?