Tuesday, December 4, 2012

QR Code Necklace - QR Locket Review

What's a QR Locket you ask? It's a wearable piece of geek! Each QR "locket" contains a QR code unique to you. Each locket is customized for the wearer. My QR Locket code links to my facebook!

You've probably seen QR codes floating around on various advertisements. It's those square black and white codes similar to a barcode. These are highly popular in Japan and are slowly making their way stateside. Each QR code holds information such a web address.

You'll need a smart phone to run one of the many QR scanning apps. I use QRReader which is free from the App Store. Simply point the camera at the QR code you wish to scan and you'll be directed to the website or information page for the ad.

I chose the diamond locket. There are other shapes available and even an android version!






I wasn't too fond of the cord the locket was strung on so I just swapped it for a different chain.




I really love this concept. I hope QR Locket offers more styles and options in the future. This is a great way to get people to visit your site, follow your twitter, etc. instantly. It's a cute and quirky way to promote yourself!

**I was sent this item in exchange for a review**