Saturday, May 12, 2012

Avengers Art Exhibit and Free Comic Book Day!

In addition to My Little Pony Night Out last Saturday it was also Free Comic Book Day! I couldn't stay long but did manage to snag a few pics, and of course get some free comics! Golden Apple hosted meet n' greets with various "nerdlebrities", free drinks, free comics, a bounce house, cosplayers, and of course lots of deals!







Gallery 1988 (right next door) put on a Meme based art show and also an Avengers show across the street! Here's some snaps of a few of my fave Avengers pieces,

Rhys Cooper "Iron Man" "Captain America" "Thor" and "Black Widow"


Jonathan Bergeron "Iron Calavera Man"


Joey Spiotto "The Avengers - Assemble"


Noelle Stevenson "I Do What I Want"


Kyle McCoy "Earth's Mightiest Heroes"


"Memes" is on display until May 26th, unfortunately The Avengers exhibit is closed. If you're at Long Beach Comic Con today, have a great time!