Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Renaissance Faire 2012, Opening Day!

Avast ye mateys! It's time for my yearly post on the Renaissance Pleasure Faire in Irwindale, CA. You can check out previous Ren Faire reports here. I spent my Easter weekend fending off drunk pirates and trying not to pass out from the heat. It was great! Hah!



I thought I'd change things up a bit this year and rock leggings instead of a skirt. It was in the 80s on Saturday. Also, the corset I'm wearing is the one I always wear but turned inside out! Two looks in one! "Why is my tankard empty? Fill 'er up!"


Fried sausage roll with home-made potato chips and ale!








Is that...Ash Ketchum's hat?




Afternoon snack, strawberry sorbet inside an orange!


With fellow saucy pirate wench, Wendy.


Yes, these are real frogs. O_o


What up, I'm a goose.


J is my first mate.


This group was so fun!


I'm going to try to make it out the faire again this year before it ends in May, had so much fun! If you guys do go I hope you dress up! I think it makes the faire much more fun. A lot of folks there are really into character, including all the staff!

Now if you'll excuse me there is Mass Effect 3 DLC out today...