Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Phantom Menace 3D Showing and Science Center Exhibit

The Phantom Menace was re-released in 3D recently and select theaters did special showings of it. J and I drove down to Orange County just so we could get fancy pod racer 3D goggles.

Rocking my "jedi boots and belt". Grumpy jedi is grumpy.


Though our showing wasn't until 12:45pm we showed up at 11:15am to get good seats, check out some of the extra activities they had going on, and get our pod racer 3D goggles. OH WAIT. THEY WERE ALL GONE.

Initially, the 12:45pm showing was the first showing of the day. Unbeknownst to many people who purchased their tickets online for this showing, AMC released TWO MORE showings at 9:30 and 11am. The pod racer 3d goggles were for the first 400 people. Well of course after two showings all the goggles were gone. I was pretty upset. I specifically got my tickets for that theater for the goggles. Only two theaters in the Los Angeles area had them. We drove 1 hour and 15 minutes to get there. I realize theaters need to make money but since all the ticket buying was done online they could have easily emailed everyone notifying them of the new showings. I would have bought tickets!

Though I was pretty irritated at the situation Hasbro gave out these cute toys. You're supposed to play a game with them but I'm going to make earrings out of them!








Before we saw the movie...


and after!


I enjoyed the film! I know Phantom Menace is many peoples' least favorite Star Wars film but I like all of them. I was really pleased to see that Master Yoda is now fully CG and not a terrifying puppet. YAY!

After the movie we checked out "Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination" at the Discovery Science Center. We had to keep with a theme this day, haha! This is a traveling exhibit that J and I caught a few years ago when it was at the Los Angeles Science Center. The exhibit features props, costumes, and talks about the "science" of the Star Wars universe. It covers the feasibility of certain items like giant space stations, light sabers, and using tauntaun guts as warmth. Yum.





This calls for...Wampug!


Tuscan raider and his waifu.


Luke's hand


Taun Taun with Luke model


Look how fancy Mace Windu's lightsaber is compared to Shaaki Ti's...




Talk to you soon, nerfherders!