Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

SPANK! x Chubby Bunny Sweet Streets event

Gosh, I've missed two Geek Chic Mondays in a row now! I'm so sorry for the lack of posts lately. I finally had a day off today after 10 days in a row of work. Whew! I'm back though!

This past weekend I attended the SPANK! x Chubby Bunny x Sweet Streets show at WWA Gallery in Culver City. What a turnout! Despite the rainy weather lots of people came out to celebrate everything 80s/pastel/cute! The exhibit runs until December 23rd so if you're in the Los Angeles area be sure to check it out!

I couldn't get there until after the fashion show unfortunately but thankfully the models were still decked out in their show outfits when I arrived.

Look at pretty Sandy (model) and Oli!


Spank! boys!


KiraKira looked stunning!


Some of the amazing items for sale




The pop-up shop! I will be visiting today since the line to get in on Saturday was CRAZY.


Melissa looking gorgeous. I always love her outfits. *O*


Lots of fabulously girly artwork was on display


DAT KEROPPI <3

This reminded me a lot of CLAMP style artwork




I want this painting so bad, that bird is so, so cute!!


Of course, the one picture I really cared about I look like a derp in. I got to meet Tavuchi from SPANK! One of the adorable models also posed with us.


This was a really run event and a big congratulations to Michelle of Chubby Bunny for coming so far with her line! Guuurl, your stuff is hella cute!

Also, a special shout-out to Milky-Way Heart, it was lovely to meet you! I love meeting people through blogging. If you all ever see me please don't hesitate to come say hello!

Japanese fashion fans listen up! If having Tavuchi here wasn't exciting enough in just a few weeks, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu of PON PON PON fame will be visiting the states to perform and model in a fashion show with Yuka and Vani from 6%DOKIDOKI! Check out Bubble Punch for all the exciting details!

Happy Turkey Day everyone!