Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

DesignerCon 2011 and Kamen Rider 40th Anniversary Art Show

I did not make it out to Comikaze this past weekend but it's not without a good excuse! Instead, I was at DesignerCon. It was my first time attending and I really enjoyed myself. If you're a fan of designer toys, vinyl figures, and art it's a great con!

Though I was working most of it I did manage to grab some pics of cool stuff!

I decided to wear casual lolita.


Skirt: BTSSB
Shirt: Sanrio 50th Anniversary
Boots: Steve Madden
Tights: Target
Bag: Bodyline

Cute stuff at JapanLA's table! I had a few things from Ame Hoshi for sale and of course my logo necklaces!




Leesasaur's amigurumi Giraffe looks like he's playing the bongos! xD


J.Salvador's Super Emo Friends were a big hit!


Red Velvet cake pops


This entire Star Wars mural is made of out legos, amazering!


So is this chess set...


and this Steampunk crab...


and The Colbert Report...


and you know just the entire battle for Mordor.


Cool Buff Monster figures and some radass jewelry.


Cute display of the character "Cavey"!


After DCon, J and I headed to Little Tokyo to check out the KAMEN RIDER VS SUPER SENTAI Anniversaries Tribute Exhibition. We were starving so the first order of business was to get some ramen! I used to be a big fan of Orochon but I feel like their quality has gone down since they were on Food Network. We always seem to get the worst service too. :(

So instead we tried a ramen place downstairs called Chin-ma-ya which was delicious!! It was packed but well worth the wait.

Miso ramen with corn, bamboo shoots, and pork.


Then it was off to the exhibit! Apologies for not knowing the artist's for these pieces. I encourage you to visit the show which runs until November 13th at the JACCC.











Ended our evening with gelato at Scoops! Their flavors change DAILY so it's always a tasty adventure each time you visit. It's not just vanilla or chocolate but flavors like brown bread, sweet corn and bacon, and banana peanut butter just to name a few.

Pacific Media Expo this weekend!! :D