Friday, July 22, 2011

Harry Potter Art Show at Gallery Nucleus

A couple weeks ago, just in time for Deathly Hallows Pt. 2, Gallery Nucleus in Alhambra hosted a Harry Potter themed art show. J and I hurried over there and were greeted with a massive line! I don't think the gallery even anticipated so many people. The event was scheduled to end at 11pm but the staff graciously stayed open late to make sure everyone in line got the see the exhibit. We waited in line for 2 plus hours! :O



In addition to the huge display of artwork there was also a photo booth, Bertie Bott's jellybean tasting, butterbeer, and raffle giveaways. We were were sorted into houses upon arrival and I got Ravenclaw, yay!



Those who dressed in costume got into the event free of charge. They stamped us with the dark mark upon arrival. I have to admit, this would make a badass tattoo.



I'm really into paper art, so I was in awe of these gorgeous pieces by artist, Brittney Lee.


omg those owls *____*


Luna by Xavier Collette


More paper art, this piece is by Michelle Romo, love her stuff!


Look at how many people were there!


Did you all enjoy Deathly Hallows Pt. 2? I loved it! I thought they did a nice job of wrapping up the series.