Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Electronic Entertainment Expo a.k.a. E3 report

A couple weeks ago was the E3 event at the Los Angeles convention center. For those of you who are unfamiliar E3 is a video game industry only event where developers and publishers come out to exhibit what they've been working on for the past year. I was most excited to hear about what BioWare's been up to for The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3 *swoon*.


Only those from the press and retailers were allowed in. T____________T


I spent most of my time at the Disney booth. They had Disney animators drawing any character you wanted, a cafe with FREE coffee drinks, photobooth, and of course plenty of video game demos. I took a whirl on Disneyland Kinect, CARS racing, and Disney Universe. Disneyland Kinect captured the essence of the park really well. You can walk around the park with your customized avatar meeting and greeting characters and then enter attractions to play games by yourself or with a buddy. CARs racing was a pretty basic "Mario Kart style" racer. Disney Universe however is something I will definitely be purchasing! It plays very similarly to the LEGO games but will actually be an online experience! It supports up to four player co-op and has a huge array of character costumes. I played as Alice and my demonstrator was The Mad Hatter.

Swag from the Disney booth


I didn't play many other games unfortunately because the lines were ridiculously long. I mostly caught up with friends and collected various swag items.

Gears of War 3 had a massive line and a massive display behind the XBOX booth.


Square-Enix always has awesome merchandise on display. I'm loving the FF13 necklaces!


I really loved these Square-Enix postcards/bookmarks. The back featured the title and a QR code to download information about the title.


Props from the Captain America movie. Can't wait for this movie to come out btw.


Pretty art~


I met Notch, the creator of Minecraft! He was so nice to the fans, signing and taking photos. He had a continuous smile on his face. I however looked like a derp in this photo. :)


Late 2011 is going to have some amazing releases! F.Y.I. for those of you in the U.S., McDonald's has Pokemon toys currently. You do not have to buy a Happy Meal to get the toy. It costs around $1 to buy the toy separately. I may have picked up a few... ;)