Friday, November 26, 2010

Sanrio 50th Anniversary - Small Gift L.A.

I hope those of you that celebrate Thanksgiving had a lovely holiday! I was thrilled to work the Sanrio event at the Barker Hanger in Santa Monica a week ago. I worked almost everyday for about 10 hours. This past Monday I slept so hard, it was an exhausting event! Each day I would rotate to a different booth. They had Sanrio themed carnival games, crafting areas, photo ops, an art exhibit, food trucks, and of course a shop!

Some of the prizes given out at the Tuxedo Sam Bowtie Bounce.


Twin Stars Bean Bag Toss was kind of tricky. You had to get those star shaped bean bags into the holes on the board.


Tenorikuma Sugar Cube Toss (so precious!) required you to toss sugar cube bean bags into giant coffee cups.


Landry Lucky Ducks was a game of chance. Some of the ducks had colored dots on the bottom, choose one with a dot and win!


Chocopanda Dough Throw was super easy. Just toss a whiffle ball onto the pans and the color you landed on determined your prize.


I met My Melody...


and nerd Hello Kitty. <3


My favorite area of the event was the "Matsuri" area. Made to mimic a Japanese summer festival there was goldfish scooping but instead of goldfish were tiny Sanrio figurines. There was also sand art, face paiting, and shrinky dink key chains! I made quite of few over the course of two weeks...



I only purchased one thing from the store, this adorable Keroppi cube plush keyring.


Lastly, the Sanrio staff gave all the temporary workers a goodie bag for helping with the event. So sweet! It included, socks, stickers, a sticker book, and lipgloss.


I had so much fun working this event. Everyone there was so pleasant. Thanks for making work fun! <3 Sanrio is in Miami this week celebrating. Make sure to check out the official website for tour dates!