Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fanime Part 1 - Friday

Whew, what a blast Fanime was! I intended to get this post up earlier but I've been suffering from a pretty severe sunburn. I hadn't laid out in the sun for a long, long time and I am burnt to a crisp. So much so that I can barely stand!

I attended Fanime with Ciel and our friend S (name kept private). We left Los Angeles around 8 a.m. Friday morning and after getting a bit turned around we finally rolled into San Jose at around 2:30 p.m. It's quite a long drive but the company was good so it made it bearable. ^-^

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel right across the street from the convention center. What a pleasant surprise the hotel turned out to be! The staff was super accommodating and our room was quite nice. We had a view of Adobe Corporate, OH YEAH. Free copy of CS5 kplzthx.


Ciel and I were signed up to sell stuff at the Swap Meet later in the evening so we wanted to park at the convention center to transport our boxes. No such luck. The lot was already full! Thankfully there was an adjacent lot and thank goodness I brought my dolly (wheel thingy for moving heavy crap). We had a bunch of magazines and manga which made for very heavy lifting.


We ran into the Vocaloid gathering upon getting our badges. Too bad the gathering wasn't Saturday. We were too exhausted to get into our Vocaloid cosplays after being up since 6 a.m.

This girl was so cute!


A girl in the restroom brought her pet rat with her...


Robot Unicorn Attack!


After waiting in line for about a hour we were finally let into the Swap Meet. As grateful as I am that we were allowed to sell our stuff sitting on hard concrete for four hours isn't fun. Our legs and knees were aching like crazy. At PMX we were given two chairs and a table. However, Fanime had 100+ people signed up for their swap meet. Both Ciel and I managed to sell quite of bit of stuff. I will say we were two of the cheaper sellers. Some people were charging ridiculous prices and a lot of them went home with most of the stuff they came with.

All our stuff for sale!


I purchased a pair of black, Metamorphose socks for $20 so I was a happy camper. I had spent the weeks prior to Fanime trying to get my hands on some black, lace brand socks but no luck so I was thrilled to find these before my lolita outfit on Sunday!


Though the swap meet didn't end until 1 a.m. we took off at 11:30. We were hungry, tired and needed to rest up for cosplay Saturday morning! I actually starting losing my voice at this point. I ended up having this weird, raspy voice by the end of the con, lol. Ciel was gracious enough to bring some quick dinner options with her to the convention. Get this, we actually made delicious Japanese curry in our room! Onto Saturday!