Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Electronic Entertainment Expo 2010

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend this week's E3 convention in Los Angeles. For those of you that don't know, E3 is an industry only event where video game publishers and developers show off what they've been working on recently. Some very exciting announcements were made including the Nintendo 3DS, a new Zelda title, and Microsoft's Kinect among many others.

I unfortunately didn't get to play that many games since the lines were ridiculously long. The line to play the new Nintendo 3DS console was three hours! I spent most of my time taking pictures and catching up with old friends.

THQ had one of my favorite booths. This is my "Rawr I'm in a mech" face.


Remember when there was just one version of Master Chief armor?


Mini Ninja and Regular sized me!


BELIEVE IT!


This game from Natsume called Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove was not only adorable but super fun! It's a rhythm game very similar to Elite Beat Agents. It's supposed to come out sometime in the Fall. I will definitely be picking it up.


Who's your daddy?


"Pixar doesn't pay me enough for this."


Beep Beep goes the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 truck


I wish! Unfortunately they were just showing off the video game.


Saucy All Points Bulletin (APB) hotties. I played the beta for this last weekend. Not bad, if you're into Grand Theft Auto at all you'll likely enjoy this. It's an MMO set in a fictional NYC-like city where there's a war between the Enforcers (vigilantes) and criminals. The character creator is the most in-depth and detailed of any I've seen. Really impressive.


Off to fight zombies Frank West (Dead Rising 2) style!


The swag I collected. You can definitely tell the economy has hit the marketing/promotions budgets. I used to come home with bags of this stuff. I would like to give a shout out to the video game accessories company Exspect. The very nice gentlemen at this booth offloaded a bunch of their merchandise onto my friends and I. They have a pretty stylish lineup of accessories actually! The horse plush is from Harvest Moon. :3


Until next year's E3!