Saturday, May 22, 2010

So. California Renaissance Pleasure Faire 2010

Greetings lords and ladies! After months of anticipation and searching high and low for my faire garb, I attended the Southern California Renaissance Pleasure Faire. I had such a great time. I wish I was able to attend more than one day but alas conflicting schedules and cost prevented it. For weeks I perused Ebay, thrift stores, and online shops for my garb (outfit) and this is the ensemble I put together. A mix of all three of the above with some of my mother's costume jewelry included. I purchased a plain felt hat and added feathers, a band, brooch, and lace. I was going for a privateer/wench combo, haha.



Lunch time!


One of the best parts of the faire 'tis be the food! We feasted on turkey legs, corn on the cob, pickles, hot pretzels, and more hard cider and ale then I care to remember, haha. Which for the record, I drank from a period appropriate tankard thank-you-very-much.

A very small fraction of the available food options




I shopped around a bit and purchased a mug strap for my belt (annoying to carry around) and a leather pouch to carry my not so period appropriate credit card and cell phone. If you weren't able to find an outfit before you got to the faire not to worry there are plenty of merchants hawking their wares. Do be warned though, most of these items are hand made and one of a kind so you will be shelling out a hearty chunk of coin.

The faire can be tiring...


A very lovely bellydancer


We sat down for two shows, a lovely bellydancing troupe and Broon who is a terrific comedian/magician/juggler combo. hah! He travels around to different faires so if he makes it to your local event be sure to check him out!



Fantastic license plates. A+


Fanime next weekend!